16 August 2023

NFP Construction Team Recognized at State Level

On Builder’s Day, Timur Maginsky, the head of Nakhodka, extended his congratulations to the professionals of the Nakhodka Mineral Fertilizer Plant (NFP), presenting them with letters of appreciation and honorary diplomas.

NFP is one of the most ambitious investment projects in the Primorsky Krai, ranking among the top ten largest in Russia and the top three in the Far East. In addition to the main facility—the methanol plant—the project includes a marine terminal and a range of infrastructure components such as access roads, a water reservoir, and sewage treatment facilities.

Any construction starts with land surveying works. Recognizing the pivotal role of the Land Affairs and Property Management Department at NFP, Timur Maginsky particularly praised the department’s manager, Ilya Shkarpetkin, presenting him with an honorary diploma.

Ilya Shkarpetkin remarked, “I have been working in the construction industry for over 17 years, but it’s during the construction of NFP that I encountered some tasks for the first time. These challenges were not only new to me personally, but for the region’s construction industry as a whole. I view them as opportunities, and together with the company’s management and my colleagues, we have successfully overcome them.”

Another professional recognized by Timur Maginsky was Vadim Tkachenko, chief surveyor of the capital construction department, who has dedicated almost four years of his 20-year construction industry career to NFP.

Dmitry Yeremchuk, head of the quality control department at NFP, received a letter of appreciation from the Head of Nakhodka. “Undoubtedly, it’s gratifying when your efforts are acknowledged at such a high level. It encourages us to continue to perform even better. The primary goal of our division is to oversee the quality of the construction work performed by contractors—an indispensable procedure without which construction simply couldn’t proceed,” said Yeremchuk.

The construction of the Nakhodka Mineral Fertilizer Plant is progressing on schedule, with the water reservoir completed, and active work ongoing on the construction of sewage treatment facilities, site levelling. Over 250 piles have been driven into the future plant site. Work on laying gas pipelines and developing surrounding infrastructure (access roads) is currently ongoing.

Additionally, NFP will significantly contribute to the regional budget, providing 49 billion rubles under the preferential regime of the Free Port of Vladivostok, with a subsequent annual contribution of 26 billion rubles. The plant is also expected to create 1500 jobs upon production launch, with 80% being filled by Nakhodka and Primorsky Krai residents, and the remaining 20% comprising professionals from other regions with experience in similar industries.

Moreover, NFP has emerged as a driving force for regional development, initiating the Comprehensive Plan for Socio-Economic Development of Nakhodka. The positive impact of these efforts is already visible in the renovated schools, kindergartens, cultural institutions, improved public spaces, and ongoing construction of sports facilities.

Given the upcoming major gas pipeline completion, Nakhodka is poised to implement a large-scale program to transition its energy infrastructure to eco-friendly fuel.